Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The test

Every now and then

A test comes my way
By way of
Difficult…chaotic situations
Challenges & roadblocks

My first response usually is
Panic…anger…grief
I feel life is trying to
Test my patience
My perseverance, my dedication
Haven’t you found enough evidence of that already?
A yell out a rhetorical question and move on

I push myself
To overcome the initial angst
And overcome I do.
My perseverance and dedication triumph
I realize that I succeed the test of resolve
What I don’t realize is
I fail the test of trust

For I take a few more steps on my journey
Turn around the corner
And find…
Help, resolution…peace
All it takes is a few more steps to find
Help, resolution…peace!
And yet I panic each time

It’s only after many such tests that I understand
That each time I have expressed
Panic…anger…grief
I have let you down…dear Life!
And yet
Each time you’ve sent me
Help, resolution…peace
You have never let ME down!

And I must remember
The next time you throw a test my way
That you are not really trying to test
My patience or perseverance
For you know I have learnt that lesson already
What you are really trying to teach me is
TRUST and faith in YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment