Tuesday, November 29, 2005

You’ve got junk!

I seldom read forwards in my mail box. My usual response is… ‘move to trash’…but every once in a way, my curiosity gets the better of me and I open forwarded mail only to see mindless junk (well most of the time). Today was one such curious day and I got this…..

When I Asked God for Strength
He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face

When I Asked God for Brain & Brown
He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve

When I Asked God for Happiness
He Showed Me Some Unhappy People

When I Asked God for Wealth
He Showed Me How to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Favors
He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Peace
He Showed Me How to Help Others

God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted
He Gave Me Everything I Needed

Thankfully it did not end with…send this to 10 people…blah. But I still had an objection with the way it ended. There was something seriously wrong with this prayer....or at least the person who wrote it…I don't NEED difficult situations, Puzzles to solve...maybe I want but I still don’t need them (and what is 'brain and brown' anyway)....Unhappy people no no...Hard work / opportunities to work hard – besides the fact that its making the same point twice - it still is a no no.

What is this supposed to be – the title should have read ‘prayer by a masochist’ instead of ‘nice thoughts!!!’

I seriously…seriously wonder who is creating this…and for what. Either they are trashy or worse still some are ‘made to look witty’ which people can see through…. obviously…I mean who are you trying to kid? People dying of cancer or strange diseases that strike people only in the US. Commonsensically forwarded mail would be the last thing on anyone’s mind who’d know someone suffering from a fatal illness. Yet we forward such messages…under the hope…what if there is even a remote possibility of this mail thinggie working…I may be able to save a life. Ya sure!

Then there are these so called ‘marvels of nature’…pictures of stones & mountains & ocean beds & fields that one day someone serendipitously found out….ah…that strangely thing resembles the face of someone famous in history or maybe it’s a map of a lost continent…the mythical bridge connecting India to Lanka.

Witty announcements at airports that nobody has heard....and here is something else…

The human race is doomed through stupidity; here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping. (That's the only time I have to work on my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (The shoplifter special?)

Yeah the human race is stupid….for actually hoping that people would believe the garbage that they forwarded.

What are they getting out of it….pray tell me…WHY are people sitting and concocting all this...just to forward it to a 100 others...why??? WHO has so much spare time and energy? Oh don’t tell me people are getting paid to do this stuff. That will sadden me even more!


No comments:

Post a Comment